At any given point of any given day, I know without a doubt that God is there by my side, always there when I need him. It's always there at the back of my mind, an ever present subconscious knowledge. However, there are SOME times where I know this in a much more conscious way - times like when it's pouring rain and I, being still a somewhat inexperienced driver, must drive through said pouring rain in the dark, ink-black, shiny highways of pitch-colored night.
These are the moments when, rather than simply knowing that He is there and being thankful for it, I find myself carrying on a continuous conversation with our Father, chatting away with Him about how grateful I am that He is there in the car and steering my wheel correctly when the lines seem to disappear and the street lights make it impossible to see out my windshield every moment that I pass one. I sing along with my christian-rock CD's, and in between different lines I start yabbering on about how the rain is scary and the night is shiny in all the worst ways, and Please God keep my wheels safe and let me drive through the water not on it.
It is a very rainy night here on the east coast! There's a tropical storm on it's way, and it's bringing downpour after downpour with it!
Stay safe, all of you readers.
Prayer Request: May the Lord be with YOU in YOUR car as well, guiding your wheel and making sure your tires stay on the ground! Not just in bad weather, but in all weather - at all times.
No comments:
Post a Comment