"I remember the moment, I remember the pain.
I was only a girl, but I grew up that day.
Tears were falling,
I know You saw me
Hiding there in my bedroom, so alone,
I was doing my best, trying to be strong.
No one to turn to,
That's when I met You."
My goodness! I thought, this here, this song is just what happened to me too! (Except for the bedroom part.) I had been having a fairly annoying day; I say annoying because nothing happened to make it a bad day, but there were various silly things which were minor annoyances building into a general annoyance that seemed to perpetuate the day - for me, and for those around me as well. It was just enough to have crumpled my mood by the time I was driving home, and this song perked me right up. And then there came the chorus,
My goodness! I thought, this here, this song is just what happened to me too! (Except for the bedroom part.) I had been having a fairly annoying day; I say annoying because nothing happened to make it a bad day, but there were various silly things which were minor annoyances building into a general annoyance that seemed to perpetuate the day - for me, and for those around me as well. It was just enough to have crumpled my mood by the time I was driving home, and this song perked me right up. And then there came the chorus,
"All this time, from the first tear cried
'Till today's sunrise
And every single moment between
You were there, You were always there
It was You and I
You've been walking with me all this time"
As if He was TRYING to tear and to tug at my heartstrings even more than they had been already. The chorus was so simple and so pungent with love for God that I found tears springing to my eyes almost instantly. It wasn't much, but it was just enough of a reminder for me, almost as if He was sitting in the car beside me saying, "Hey, I know today was a little miserable, and I know your tire blew up on you just the other day too, but don't worry. I'm here, so it's okay. Remember that I Am always here."
As if He was TRYING to tear and to tug at my heartstrings even more than they had been already. The chorus was so simple and so pungent with love for God that I found tears springing to my eyes almost instantly. It wasn't much, but it was just enough of a reminder for me, almost as if He was sitting in the car beside me saying, "Hey, I know today was a little miserable, and I know your tire blew up on you just the other day too, but don't worry. I'm here, so it's okay. Remember that I Am always here."
And I did remember.
And it was okay.
(The song is All This Time, by Britt Nicole, in case you're curious.)
(The song is All This Time, by Britt Nicole, in case you're curious.)
I'm sorry to say that I don't have much more of a point to this post; but at least I'm writing something again! Getting into the habit is a good thing, and I know that as long as I keep writing something about Him and how I see Him in my life every day, something good is bound to happen on this blog.
Prayer Request:
That every time someone feels themselves stuck in one of those moments of sadness, or annoyance, or self-doubt, or general miserableness, they remember that He is there, and so everything is really okay.
That YOU remember, because as long as you do, and as long as you know Him in the deepest place of your heart, everything is bound to turn out just fine.
Just you wait and see!
No comments:
Post a Comment