Tuesday, October 4, 2011

stopping by to settle in

This post isn't going to be very long. It's the first post of mine on this new home for my not-so-very-new blog, and it's already a bit late at night. I don't do much editing aside from spell check and the occasional re-phrasing, so that's not a problem. It's just a bit late and I'm just a bit tired. 

Tomorrow, I have nothing much else to do besides laundry and I plan on writing what I expect will be a pretty long post about my search for a new church home which has recently come to a very happy ending. 

Tonight, I'll just put a few highlights of what's going on good in my life that I'm sure beyond sure I have God to thank for.

I have a job, even though it's not the job that I was hoping for a few posts back. On Friday of this week, I will finally have my driver's license - and then I will be using it for the very first time to go and pick up my fiance from Job Corp for the very last time because he is finally coming home for good. In slightly more than a month from now I will be getting married to that same fiance, and I couldn't be any more excited about that if I tried. Sometime after that my fiance (by then, he'll be husband) and I will be working on getting everything together so we can get a cat, which sometimes I think I'm almost (at least half) as excited about as I am about getting married.  Many of you will not know, but my cat of 11 years (over half my life at the time) died a few years back, and I've been having a bit of a hard time dealing with that, and with not having a cat in my life in general, since. 

There are so many things going on in my life right now - so many wonderful ones! As I look at what I've written about everything that's coming up I realize that my life is going to be picking up in pace quite quickly, quite soon. With a full time job and a life on the move, I am hoping that I will have more fodder for my writing soon as well - and with that, more writing for my blog.

I'll take a quick moment now to thank anyone who is here reading this from the previous home of my blog. I know I haven't responded to any comments personally, but I really appreciate every one I've gotten. They've really helped me feel more sure about my decision in starting this blog in the first place.

On the other hand, if any of you are new, thank you as well! If you read my about section for this blog you'll know that I only hope to touch others' lives while working on living mine in His name the best that I can. If you're interested in reading any of the few previous blog entries that came before this one, you can find them here: 
http://kwayakotage.wordpress.com/ I don't plan on deleting the original website any time soon, so they'll just be there.

Thank you all again, and God bless! For once I can actually say for certainty that I will see you again tomorrow with a new blog post ready to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment